Windows 7 re-installation problem

vignesh1708

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hi All ,
I tried extend my C: drive memory with some unallocated memory from D: drive in my Lenovo laptop, after that my windows 7 is not booting and displaying black screen with cursor. I tried reinstalling windows 7 again and its not loading. could someone guide me how to make complete format and get windows 7 reinstall

RealBeast

Titan
I would startup from the Windows 7 installer disk and go with a custom install, then delete all existing partitions on both drives (you will lose all data). Then install to the remaining single unpartitioned space of the C drive.

If this does not work, then I would startup from the Windows 7 disk, start the command prompt and use diskpart commands to clean both drives (which will also delete all data).

If you have any really important data on D, then disconnect it and perform the the first step above with only C connected, after the installation reattach the D drive and you can attempt to recover data.

vignesh1708

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
I am using my windows 7 booting disc which i used for reinstall normally. i was working fine, but now its loading windows files and getting a blackscreen , its not processing further. i dont know how to proceed from there. Please guide me.

vignesh1708

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hi sorry I am not except on this .. Actually when I try booting it from disc , it's loading window files then getting start window icon and gets hang .. Even I could not go with repair or safe mode and all other ways too .. Can you guide me how to go comment prompt ?

RealBeast

Titan
You have to select the command prompt as soon as you boot from the installer disk, it is a choice.

vignesh1708

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Thank you for your guidance, i tried all the ways finally i used partition maker bootable version software and deleted my C drive (which was almost full) and also that unallocated partition which i was trying to extent with C: Drive. after delete & merge those partition, i was able to reinstall my windows 7.