Windows 7 refuses to do fresh install.

Peyton3995

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
Hello, I have just recently finished building a computer, and I wanted to install an operating system on to it. The operating system I picked was Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium and I burnt it to a disk. When It was time to install an operating system I went into the BIOS, selected boot from optical drive, and I put the disk into the optical drive. It does its thing for a bit, and once it gets the the "Starting Windows" screen it tries to do its animation. After less than 2 seconds of the animation it instantly crashes and goes to a blue screen.

Here is a list of parts I am using.

Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670
Gelid Solutions 80mm Hydro Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler
Western Digital Blue WD5000AZLX 500 GB
Kingston Technology 4GB 1333 MHz 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module
Intel Socket 1156/Intel H55/MATX Motherboard
LG 24X SATA DVD Rewriter
Rosewill Black R519-BK Computer Case.

The power supply did come with computer case, but for those who want to know here is the name of it, Rosewill LC-8400BTX.

We have also tried Windows XP and Windows 8, and those do not work. I have exhausted all our options, and I hope you guys can help find a solution to this problem.

Here is the image of the Blue Screen I got. http://imgur.com/Ke8AodU

Solution

Swap them out till the system works, only way really. For crashes like that, I'd start with RAM, make sure nothing is overheating or is overclocked, try a different hard drive.

Did you use an official MS Windows 7 setup file? If not, get one and try that, maybe try Windows 10. Last time I installed 10, it took my Windows 7 activation code when I tried it to test things.

Peyton3995

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

The BIOS is able to run using the ram I have installed right now. Does that mean the ram works?

It works as far as the system sees it, but it may not be 100% fine if it crashes when Windows starts. Could even be a bad CPU, that is rare but happens. Does not look like you are using an add-on video card so that is not an issue, and the power supply should be able to handle the system as it is. Maybe a bad hard drive.

Swap them out till the system works, only way really. For crashes like that, I'd start with RAM, make sure nothing is overheating or is overclocked, try a different hard drive.

Did you use an official MS Windows 7 setup file? If not, get one and try that, maybe try Windows 10. Last time I installed 10, it took my Windows 7 activation code when I tried it to test things.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS