[SOLVED] Windows 7 Ryzen 3 HP Desktop

RoboticusJiang

Honorable
Feb 6, 2015
Hello,

A client requires Windows 7 on an HP computer specifically. I bought Windows 10 HP Pavilion 590-p0025. I wiped the NVME SSD but no matter what I do for the windows 7 install, it doesn't recognize the USB ports.

There are USB 2 and 3 ports on the computer but none of them work. I can get to the installation screen and that's it. The USB ports work for BIOS and when it asks "Press any key to begin installation"

I have tried using the WindowsImageTool but there's always a 5gb file that can't transfer over, so it doesn't boot.
I have tried NTLite and tried to create an ISO file with the USB drivers installed, but it doesn't boot.

There are no P2S ports. I have a Windows 7 disc and the WIndows 7 Home Premium ISO. What can I do? Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
It won't and frankly speaking the ability to create a bootabel installer with the necessary drivers in order to identify the USB ports during an installation of Windows 7 is not going to be possible. Even if it is, it's not going to be reliable.

You should've told your client to stick to Windows 10, since Windows 7 is now officially dead.

@King_V I've done that exact same thing in 2017 to two systems running Skylake processors as well as 5 Skylake laptops, not possible or reliable or even advised in 2020 since you loose out all security options when on Windows 7.

Reactions: King_V

RoboticusJiang

Honorable
Feb 6, 2015
I'm too low on the totem pole to have a say and adamantly ask for Windows 10, but yea I'd have much preferred that as well.

Do you guys think getting a USB 2.0 to PCI card would do anything?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Not really sure, but if this is a corporate scenario, and someone is insisting on Windows 7, then they're demanding an unsupported arrangement that is going to cause them support headaches indefinitely, if it ever works at all.

I don't know what they're trying to save on, but this is going to cost them more in the long run.

If they MUST have Windows 7, they're going to need to go with older hardware. As it stands currently, they're demanding something that is not possible, and that nobody should be willing to offer support for (well, unless they're paying a whole lot extra for it).