[SOLVED] Windows 7 + Ryzen

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
Okay, so I recently got a new Ryzen based PC and I installed Windows 10 on it. However, I realised many of my retro games refuse to run properly. I decided to get Windows 7 back on a secondary partition. The thing is I have spent a week trying to install it from a USB drive to no avail. Even after loading AHCI/USB drivers on the install, I get this message:-

"A required "CD/DVD" driver is missing. Please insert the CD your PC came with."
Okay, this isn't exactly what it said but it meant something along these lines. Can anyone help me figure out what the issue is as am using no CD/DVD device at all.
P.S. I even tried the Gigabyte Windows Image Tool to no avail.

**I will upload a picture in a day, I have to transfer it from my phone to my PC.

Solution
Here's the procedure I followed:-
I was finally giving up on the idea, when i realized something. Windows 7 setup was recognizing all my drives and was able to read/write data from them. I still think that the issue was due to some USB problem. I figured out the only way to go was to use my old SATA DVD-ROM and burn a Windows 7 disc. However, I realized the answer was damn simple. I just mounted the Windows 7 ISO (In which I had already integrated USB drivers) and ran the setup from the virtual disc. The setup copied all the installation files into the partition I wanted it to. It rebooted straight into the setup. Long story short, After getting B450 chipset drivers, it was completely fine.

However, a note of warning to others:-
There...
I have spent a week trying to install it from a USB drive to no avail. Even after loading AHCI/USB drivers on the install, I get this message:-
"A required "CD/DVD" driver is missing. Please insert the CD your PC came with."
You have to integrate USB drivers into installation.
Use Gigabyte windows USB installation tool.
(find appropriate version for your motherboard chipset, using the wrong one, will not help).
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=windows&p=1

What motherboard are you using BTW?

Reactions: thefxgamingrules

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
Here's the procedure I followed:-
I was finally giving up on the idea, when i realized something. Windows 7 setup was recognizing all my drives and was able to read/write data from them. I still think that the issue was due to some USB problem. I figured out the only way to go was to use my old SATA DVD-ROM and burn a Windows 7 disc. However, I realized the answer was damn simple. I just mounted the Windows 7 ISO (In which I had already integrated USB drivers) and ran the setup from the virtual disc. The setup copied all the installation files into the partition I wanted it to. It rebooted straight into the setup. Long story short, After getting B450 chipset drivers, it was completely fine.

However, a note of warning to others:-
There aren't any drivers for Ryzen APUs (I am using a Ryzen 5 2400G). So, I couldn't even get AERO to work. However, If you have a dedicated GPU, which has drivers for Windows 7, you should be completely fine.

Thanks, guys for all your suggestions; and I hope others with the same issue find this helpful.

Reactions: Sky Murders
Solution

TRENDING THREADS