Windows 7 screwed up my CD ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I just got done with the install, been playing around for a while...

Just found out that winamp doesn't work with my music, it just skips all the songs and then I have to shut it down.

Other thing, my CD ROm doesn't work. I tried uninstalling and restarting computer. I even deleted the crap in the registry...Still no luck, anyone know what to do?

TSSTCorp CD/DVDW Sh-S128D

Thank you

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

deerhound

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
I have the same problem. If I hit F8 during boot up I can select it to boot up ignoring invalid digital signatures and my DVDRWs work just fine. Pressing F8 every time I start the machine is a PITA though

^See if there is any thing useful on MSCONFIG => boot.ini

WARNING: Incorrectly messing with BOOT.INI is a BAD idea. Unless you are willing to re install.

====

Waiting for an 80GB drive that I just bought to be delivered to install Win 7 on.

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
So I turn my computer on this morning and decided I was going to run a disk clean-up on my hard drive and noticed that my CD Rom randomly appeared. I attempted to boot up the game (crysis) which was in the CD rom and it worked.

I didn't even do anything to get the CD rom to work but it randomly just started working.

Sweet ass :bounce:

ScratchnSniff

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Same Thing - Windows 7 beta 1

This happened since windows update

TSST SH S202J (PATA)

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Hopefully this will be fixed soon as about every second drive on the planet is TSST

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS Did not work :(

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
Access Is Denied

Open to suggestions

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

Yeah, this isn't Windows 7, it's the same problem that has been appearing with that stupid driver that iTunes installs (Gear*****.drv or something like that). Search for this problem on any board, the solution works for Windows 7 as well: go into the registry, delete 1 or 2 entries, reboot.... solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.