Windows 7 Service pack installation fail 80070002

Sammiyin

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Hi all, I've been unable to install this update for months, the update just will not install. Every time I try I get this error code [80070002]. I've uninstalled every previous update and tried again, installing SP1 first, which it did fine. But now there's another update called Service Pack 1 and that will not install. I've tried Microsoft's fixit and the system repair tool, neither of which work.

Sammiyin

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

No luck, going to try a system update readiness tool again.

Edit: That failed too, same error code.

Sammiyin

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

It's quite an old copy as far as I can tell, I've had it at least 2 years.

seemed like sp1 was on the disk around the end of 2011 [??] best I could find -but anyway on the disk it should say includes sp1 -

if not and it is a super old copy I been having issues with connecting to Microsoft for some updates .. I figure it due to all the weather and flooding and that may have things messed up internet wise ?? cause it errors with a failed to keep connection when I try to update mse but most time if I wait until night like when internet traffic I figure is low I can get the updates in then [that's after 9 pm here cst or after 6 pm on the west cost ] .. but during business type hrs. they fail ???
give that a try ?

Sammiyin

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

Just checked my disc and it seems to be a 2009 copy of Windows Ultimate. I'm downloading the update fine, I was able to download the standalone SP1 and try installing it manually [which also failed], my pc just takes issue with actually installing it.

Sammiyin

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

If so they are doing a terrible job, I won't be able to get Windows 10 without sp 1.

well just to recap on my Microsoft download and install issue ended up being a benchmark program called catzilla -- kept having all the issues and got tired of it and dug around and see the day all this started and went removing things at that date and low and behold I got rid of that program and all is now working 100% fine

so you may look and see if something you installed pryor to the service pack is blocking it are causing some issue

I had just installed catzilla 1.3 to help a guy out and thought it would be fun to use , but seems it acts like a malware ..

so anyway just shows how a program could take over and screw things up overall -- I fought this since june 2 2015 17 days of what the heck is going on here .. catzilla = gone and all now works right

ya , I fooled around with uninstalling windows updates and like I said it came down to that catzilla bench.. I was close to a reinstall but it worked out -

some how I affected windows updates from installing and mse then I had to reinstall it now it all seems good ??

so I wanted to say it could be a program or something that's blocking it - that's how it looked here ...

did you try to reinstall your old windows clean and then try the sp1 ??? seems like that way it should of been a auto update and then installed ??