HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 7850 2GB
MSI 970A-G46
Seasonic M12II 620W Semi Modular Power Supply
WD 1TB Blue drive 7200RPM 64MB Cache
ASUS DVD/CD Burner
8GB G.SKILL RAM (2 sticks)
2 case fans and one intake that glows blue
Dell S199WFP 19" LCD Monitor

So: I know that some of the startup programs slow down the computer when you get into the desktop environment.
This is the MSCONFIG picture I have of all of my startup programs:
K4qLyAP.jpg

Which ones should I disable, because the bootup time is fairly quick, around 30 seconds, but I have to wait like 5 minutes so I can actually use the computer, for example, if I wanted to run Steam right after I booted up the computer, it would freeze for a second and not do anything. 5 minutes later, it all works fine. Also I haven't been having visual artifacts in case you're wondering. After the windows update on 6/12/2013 it has gotten a little worse. I'm kind of afraid to mess with my config files, and I just want some confirmation. Thanks for your help!

Solution
Disable all that you wont need right at startup, relatively simple. I've posted this on so many threads.. Please please pleaseee! Run defraggler, it really puts the parts that are far away from each other, and putsthem closer, you will notice a massive difference. Here's the link to download.

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)

Xexoxix

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2012

No, but I would like to have my antivirus be automatically on.

Jeremy Allen

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Disable all that you wont need right at startup, relatively simple. I've posted this on so many threads.. Please please pleaseee! Run defraggler, it really puts the parts that are far away from each other, and putsthem closer, you will notice a massive difference. Here's the link to download.

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)

Solution

Xexoxix

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2012

Thanks! I disabled everything except for steam (need that to play games), audio realtek (need that for audio), AMD Catalyst (need that to play games), and kaspersky (need that to keep computer virus-free).