Windows 7 Slow On New Hard Drive

IshTing

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I bought a HP Pavilion g6 with windows 8 recently and the hard drive failed. I replaced the hard drive with a brand new one and installed windows 7 because I couldn't get on with windows 8 nor 8.1. I installed the sims 3 on it for my girlfriend and couldn't get it to work, but with some help with a member on here I replaced missing drivers and was good to go.

Now my issue is that the laptop seems to be quite slow, despite it having next to nothing on the hard drive. The only things installed are windows updates, drivers, google chrome and sims 3 with all the expansions. It seems to be a little slow but when she's on sims 3 it lags and freezes constantly. I checked the laptop on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com and it passes with flying colours. The only thing I can think of is upgrading the ram from 4GB to 8GB.

Any help is appreciated.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
4 to 8 GB of RAM won't make it much faster for playing that game. What is the speed of the drive, 5400rpm or 7200? It could be the way that you formatted the drive, I would use the default sector size, also use the full format, not the quick version.

IshTing

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

5400rpm.