[SOLVED] Windows 7 ssd not recognized

larsonra

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
I just completed a new build using a rog strix z490-e gaming motherboard. The boot device is a windows 7 solid state drive from an older motherboard. When I try to boot the pc it doesn’t recognize any hard drives. Ive turned of easy boot and still no luck.

Solution
You changed motherboard, then be ready to reinstall windows. Sometimes this is unavoidable.

BTW - is your SSD - nvme M.2 ? Windows 7 doesn't support nvme natively. Specific hotfixes and nvme drivers are necessary before nvme drives can be used in windows 7.
You changed motherboard, then be ready to reinstall windows. Sometimes this is unavoidable.

BTW - is your SSD - nvme M.2 ? Windows 7 doesn't support nvme natively. Specific hotfixes and nvme drivers are necessary before nvme drives can be used in windows 7.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I just completed a new build using a rog strix z490-e gaming motherboard. The boot device is a windows 7 solid state drive from an older motherboard. When I try to boot the pc it doesn’t recognize any hard drives. Ive turned of easy boot and still no luck.
Details on all the parts, please.

Win 7 from an old system?
Yeah, that's going to need a whole new reinstall.