Question Windows 7 Startup Repair (Repair Your Computer) Is Turning Off My PC ?

Feb 14, 2022
My computer running windows 7 won't boot into the OS because of some issues and doing a system restore will fix it. One problem, which is when I press F8 and get to the advanced menu, and press Startup Repair, AKA "Repair Your Computer (Recommended)", the screen goes black, and after about a minute the PC turns off. Someone PLEASE help me! I don't have another PC to make a bootable flash drive and reinstall the operating system. I really, REALLY need help on this because it's been like this for 2 weeks and I am so stuck on this.

PC: HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF
CPU: i5-2500 quad core
GPU: AMD Embedded E9173 SFF
HDD(Windows drive): Western Digital 1tb 7200RPM

Feb 14, 2022
Sorry. I knew you read my other threads, as I said that the laptop did not yet have an operating system. So I can't use the media creation tool on it.

Feb 14, 2022
The thing I hate is where I say something either stupid or wrong and then someone starts a conversation or an argument that completely drives me away from my question. I just want my question answered, why can I never actually get that?

Feb 14, 2022
So to give you more detail, since you are asking, I can turn on the PC, it will boot, and the logo will show up. A few seconds after that, the windows 7 logo will appear, and once the boot process of windows 7 is done, right before it gets to the login screen, and then give me a BSOD saying, "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" Which is because I changed the cores from 1 to 4, even though I have a quad core processor. Anyways, I can't get into safe mode, whether it's regular, internet, or CMD safe mode. I can't use last known good config because it does nothing in my situation. It seems the only thing that WOULD work is startup repair, which doesn't, obviously.

Feb 14, 2022
I'm not taking an 9 year old computer to a repair shop over the fact that the operating system won't work. I'll figure it out on my own and if I can't I'll try to find a way to get an operating system on it.

chaos133

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
If you don't want to take it to a repair shop, or if you don't have any other PC that you can borrow, the only thing I can think of is if you buy a CD or USB stick from a shop with Windows preinstalled.

ASK THE COMMUNITY