Windows 7 stuck at windows resume loader screen - neither ps2 usbkeyboard nor regular laptop keyboard respond

Ana Correa

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
Hi guys, something happened overnight to my laptop, it is a HP DV7 running Bios vendor Insydeh20 version f.1b.

When I turn on my computer i get stuck at a Windows Resume Loader screen, with 2 options, but the probem is that my keyboard will not respond when I am on that screen. I then connected a ps2USB keyboard but it still wont respond when at that screen.

I am able to enter BIOS and switch boot orders, I tried to load a windows 7 CD first but before it loads it goes to the windows resume loader screen and the keyboard again does not respond. Then I tried loading windows through a USB flashdrive, and again, back to that screen. It seems I cant start anything (system restore, safe mode) before getting through that screen. I tried to access my advanced options on BIOS but I cant seem to unlock it, from what I have read HP blocks the option to access the advanced options.. forbidding me to get acess to a command prompt screen where I wouldbe able to run chkdsk or any other commands. I am really stuck .. can any1 help me please?

Solution
I had the same problem just get a ps/2 keyboard the one with purple connector the mother board won't let the USB type work until you get in with the proper keyboard first. Power outrage or wrong shut down will make your computer not recognize USB keyboard. It will work until you get to were you are stuck.
Good luck

Ana Correa

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014

My battery is currently broken so I have been using the notebook directly plugged for a while now.

I have reset the BIOS settings but whenever I try to load anything, even through bios (before my HD would have to load) still takes me to that screen, and like always.. I cant press enter on neither keyboards (note keypad or usb keyboard) but I can press Ctrl Alt Del which restarts the laptop.. this is so weird... and these Bios HP come with suck.. is there a way I can switch the BIO vender without loading my hard drive? Maybe through USB or CD/DVD? Even though when I try to run my windows 7 instalation CD before my hard drive it still doesnt work?

thanks for the answer!

Andresm

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014

Andresm

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
I had the same problem just get a ps/2 keyboard the one with purple connector the mother board won't let the USB type work until you get in with the proper keyboard first. Power outrage or wrong shut down will make your computer not recognize USB keyboard. It will work until you get to were you are stuck.
Good luck

Solution

Problemsolved

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015

I had exactly the same problem as Ana. The thing is that this version of BIOS is crap, it doesn't give anything, like no settings at all. I read forums for ages. I'm aware that ps/2 keyboards could do the job but you can't connect them on a contemporary laptop. The super evident and easy solution I was looking for for hours comes down the dark ages of IT and takes 5 seconds. You just have to press enter to bypass the problem. Here is how you do it: press fn and alt together; while maintaining these 2 keys down, type 013 on your num lock pad (the good old code for enter), then release fn and then alt (or the other way around, don't remember, anyway if one doesn't work, just try the other). That worked excellent for me when I was quite despaired. Read that on another forum, thanks to this dude and to the whole community for sharing!!!

luckylucky0007

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

Thanks for the solution. It worked perfectly for me. I am so much impressed and thankful to you that I created the account so that I can thank you. :)

Apr 4, 2018
"I had exactly the same problem as Ana. The thing is that this version of BIOS is crap, it doesn't give anything, like no settings at all. I read forums for ages. I'm aware that ps/2 keyboards could do the job but you can't connect them on a contemporary laptop. The super evident and easy solution I was looking for for hours comes down the dark ages of IT and takes 5 seconds. You just have to press enter to bypass the problem. Here is how you do it: press fn and alt together; while maintaining these 2 keys down, type 013 on your num lock pad (the good old code for enter), then release fn and then alt (or the other way around, don't remember, anyway if one doesn't work, just try the other). That worked excellent for me when I was quite despaired. Read that on another forum, thanks to this dude and to the whole community for sharing"this excellent dude thank you very much for the help