Windows 7 stuck in endless loop and ReBack size is 0

rudhan

Reputable
May 15, 2014
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Graphics card (GTX 970) to upgrade my computer (was using Radeon R9 280).

Now I foolishly didn't uninstall old drivers and placed in the new card and loaded up the computer. This game me an error concerning new hardware being installed, I did a number of things and one was formatting my OS on the SSD and removing the HDD which has all my normal files on it. I also placed my old graphics card back in the computer.

I have reinstalled windows 7 using the disk, however I now seem to be in a booting loop. I have had a look online for fixes as the windows seven disk cannot automatically fix it, all things I have found so far have said use the cmd line to set up a back up. However my RegBack file is size 0, all guides then say their method wont work but do not provide an alternative.

I have since formatted the OS again and tried the same method, though RegBack is still size 0.

I have also tried booting in safemode (holding f8 while resetting) however this does not seem to work all the time (it has worked once, only when the windows 7 disk was in).

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello... 1) Youtube Windows 7 "Clean install" and delete all the previous Partitions on it first... format is not needed.
2) start the normal install.