Windows 7 Suffers From Odd Series Of Failures Before Going Kaputt

DetectiveRocko

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hello everyone!
So, I have encountered a rather odd error as of late. Last Friday I finally completed one of my most sought after goals: building my first gaming PC! Everything was fine at first (it was running Skyrim like a champ!), but then on Monday it couldn't get past start-up.

I would try to go into Start-Up repair, but that would power down as soon as it was done loading Windows files. I then got my install disk (System Builder), threw it in, and made sure the tower was wired to my router.
After that Start-Up repair did it's thing and everything was going swell. Afterwards I checked for updates (I thought that may have been the problem) and installed all the important ones I saw, restarted, then watched some Youtube videos for a bit.

After that things went TERRIBLE! I took my PC to a friends house and it simply would not stay powered on. I would get to the login screen, begin booting up steam, then BAM! Nothing. Sometimes it would even let me start Skyrim and get a few minutes in before offing itself.
My friend and I booted it into Safe Mode, which worked, and copied over my game info before completely reinstalling Windows. After install all the updates, it worked great again! I went back to my place and played Fallout till 2 in the morning.
So I woke up, ready to get some more gaming in, when it all starts happening again. It won't get past Start-Up and Start-Up Repair won't get past loading files.

I am so, so peeved right now. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Solution
That PSU is too low for the GPU, and I don't think Dynex is a great brand anyways. Get a Corsair, Antec, or XFX at ~550W and you should be good to go.

DetectiveRocko

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Yeah, of course!

HARDDRIVE: PNY Prevail 120GB 2.5-Inch High Endurance Solid State Drive SATA 6Gbps SSD9SC120GEDE-PB
GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 DVI-I/HDMI/2x mini-Displayport PCI-Express 3.0 Graphic Card GV-R785OC-2GD
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack
OPTICAL DRIVE: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI LGA1155/Intel Z77/DDR3/CrossFireX/SATA3 and USB 3.0/A and GbE/ATX Motherboard Z77A-G41
CPU: Intel Core i3 Processor i3-3220 3.3GHz 5.0GT/s 3MB LGA1155 CPU
TOWER: Raidmax Tornado ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case ATX-238WU
RAM: PNY Optima 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Desktop DIMMs Memory Kit MD8192KD3-1333

Sorry for not posting this beforehand. I hope this helps, and thank you.

chugot9218

Honorable
Do you know what your PSU is? These kinds of issues are often caused by a cheap or failing power supply. Also, have you been able to monitor your temps at all? You could at least get a cursory observation out of the BIOS I'd think.