News Windows 7 Support Ends Today

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
"The company will no longer issue security updates,". I've got genuine Win7 on a 9-year-old laptop, and auto-updates have been off forever. This sounds like a blessing for anyone hating the forced updates that come with Win10.
"Those who don't update may be vulnerable to security flaws, and bugs won't be fixed.". I'm seeing more bugs on my office PC (win10, by corporate policy) than on my old laptop, and my IT-help guys are pretty helpless.
"Technical assistance won't be available". This is just rich. The only time I visit a Microsoft website is to see unresolved questions, with robotic polite non-answers, frustrated posters, before going off to some non-MS site for a real human answer.

Like others said, no reason to update yet. The only things that forced me to upgrade from XP were lack of new browsers and SSD support, not the newest direct-x, nor even the 3gb ram limit. Security? XP can run Zone-Alarm, the old free version which nothing tops.

Reactions: bit_user

Nemesia

Upstanding
Nov 6, 2019
"The company will no longer issue security updates,". I've got genuine Win7 on a 9-year-old laptop, and auto-updates have been off forever. This sounds like a blessing for anyone hating the forced updates that come with Win10.
"Those who don't update may be vulnerable to security flaws, and bugs won't be fixed.". I'm seeing more bugs on my office PC (win10, by corporate policy) than on my old laptop, and my IT-help guys are pretty helpless.
"Technical assistance won't be available". This is just rich. The only time I visit a Microsoft website is to see unresolved questions, with robotic polite non-answers, frustrated posters, before going off to some non-MS site for a real human answer.

Like others said, no reason to update yet. The only things that forced me to upgrade from XP were lack of new browsers and SSD support, not the newest direct-x, nor even the 3gb ram limit. Security? XP can run Zone-Alarm, the old free version which nothing tops.
Then I will say that your IT guys are useless. Windows 10 is the most stable OS I have ever worked with an experienced with since Windows 3.1. The network at my office is totally stable and have been for years. No one is complaining either.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS