Windows 7 Ultimate - Locked out and black screen of death

Canadacorps

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Hello,

I'm looking for a fix for some issues. I installed Adobe Photoshop CS2 on my computer that has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. After installing, I rebooted the computer and suddenly I could not access any administrator functions. I can go into the task manager but cannot run anything from it, and when I try to modify processes (start or stop) I get locked out of the task manager. A whole bunch of my essential services are stopped and I cant change them. I tried a system restore, and got the black screen of death. I applied the PrevX fix, and got my screen back, but still cannot do anything to reverse the other problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

Canadacorps

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Oh my internet connection no longer works because the service that controls it is stopped. I finally managed to get my Security up and am doing a full system scan - I'll post the results when it finishes. I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

I also seem to be getting a weird message - from Microsoft Visual c + + 2008 redistributable. saying that it is being terminated in an unusual manner...?

Canadacorps

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

Wrong, but thanks for playing! :lol:

Canadacorps

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

Wrong. Valid CS2 disc. McAfee, Malwarebytes Anti-malware scanner and bit-defender 2011 aren't all wrong. Came up clean on a virus scan. Thanks for playing.

It was a Compatibility issue between the X86 version that I had with Cs2 and my 64 bit operating system. Resolved it on my own. No thanks to you jerks who thought it great fun to come troll this thread and try to make me look bad.

Anyway, I now know not to bother looking for answers on Tom's Hardware anymore. Sayonara.