Windows 7 Ultimate OEM kit..

veebee

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
I ordered and received my Win 7 Ultimate x64 OEM kit.

Initially I thought they had given me a gift by accidently dropping the 3-pack in the box, but alas, they had simply ripped the 3 pack apart and put my one disc in it.

The thing is, there are 7 of the "Pre installation" discs in the box...

Would there be any good reason for this ? I imagined it would require only the one, as the OEM version "can only go on one PC".

Will the individual OPK discs allow me to install on multiple PC's (I dont think so...)

Also, I thought I remember reading somewhere that the OEM Version also includes an "upgrade"... is this correct? if so, is it "as well as " the actual install ?

Thanks in advance..

Veebee

veebee

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
OK, I'll cut it down to 1 question only then...

doe shaving multiple, original OPK discs allow for more than one installation ? as I cannot understand why they would throw 7 discs in..

.. unless it was coz they stuffed the order up for a while..

I vote your order was well stuffed....

veebee

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
@ fowang - nah, unfortunately I didn't get 3 keys... THAT would have been great !

@ scotteq - I meant that maybe they "tossed a little something extra in", as I ordered 2 x 320 Gb HDD's with the win7... got an email back that they were out of stock ... then another saying they weren't GETTING them again... so they upped them to 500 Gb for 10 bucks more...
consequently the order took about 3 days longer than needed and I told them so..

So, having the extra OPK discs DOESN'T allow me to install on extra boxes ?