WIndows 7 Ultimate WONT install???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trixie5

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I just built a brand new i7-2600k system. New mobo hard drive ect. I transferd A ISO image of Windows 7 onto a USB for easy download and portability but everytime it gets to the part where it says finishing instilation please restart your PC (It does it for you after 10 secs) It loads back up to the install now screen where I enter my language etc. How do I fix this? I saw videos on YT that you have to make your USB bootable? I just transferd a ISO file of windows 7 to the USB and plugged it in. Any help? Power isnt the problem i have a 750W and my USB is 8 gigs.

Solution
The pc is not smart enough to boot off the HD during the reboot like it would if you installed from a cd or dvd. Instead it is booting off of the usb drive which it thinks is the HD getting you stuck in a loop forever. When it reboots you have to yank the usb drive out.
doesnt sound right--as far as i am aware you have to make the usb bootable then extract the iso contents to the usb--then start the pc and choose boot from the usb drive--i cant see how you could even have started the install at all the way you say if your usb wasnt bootable and contained only an iso file

could you explain how you started the installation?

Trixie5

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I have no idea. I just transferd the ISO file to a USB and that was it. I plugged it into my new system and it booted right up. But when it needs to restart to finish instalation it doesnt go back to completeting install it goes back to select language for setup etc.

bucknutty

Distinguished
The pc is not smart enough to boot off the HD during the reboot like it would if you installed from a cd or dvd. Instead it is booting off of the usb drive which it thinks is the HD getting you stuck in a loop forever. When it reboots you have to yank the usb drive out.

Solution

Trixie5

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Ill try that

Trixie5

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG you are a my hero!!!!!!!! IT WORKEDDD!!!! !!!!!!!! W0000000000T

bucknutty

Distinguished
I am always right some times.

If you think about booting off a CD or DVD you get the prompt to hit any key to boot from the cd.

When booting from a USB stick you are using HD emulation so the mobo bios thinks the usb stick is the boot harddrive.

Most boards have a quick boot menu. In my case its F8 during post and I get the option boot from any device i want for that one particular startup. Using that helps alot, because then i dont even have to adjust bios or make any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.