Question Windows 7 Ultimate Won't See My GPU and Won't Download Specific Things

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neom11

Prominent
Nov 13, 2022
Me and my friend managed to dual-boot Windows 7 Ult. and Windows 10 Home (We do these things for fun) on my PC

We managed to fix the internet drivers and add other drivers to make Windows 7 feel more open.

But here is the problem. Somehow Windows 7 Ult. decides not to accept my GPU (NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI) and instead it is using integrated GPU (Standard VGA Graphics Adapter). I tried to install the NVIDIA drivers for my GPU but it comes back with an error "Unknown error has occurred". I tried downloading .NET Framework 4.30319 but it does not let me because of an error. DriverEasy, GeForce Experience, NVIDIA Drivers, etc. Nothing works. Now I am stuck with a Standard Graphics Adapter, instead of 3 monitors I am looking at 1, instead of Aero i get Basic. I tried to find NVIDIA drivers with my Hardware ID on the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, and as usual, it gives an error. Can someone give me advice on how to fix it?

Last edited:

neom11

Prominent
Nov 13, 2022
yah win 7 is gone from MS finally. i do not have ultimate but i do have pro i got there last year from MS download site. .

so can't help ya there with an ultimate iso from a known good source.

archive.org is a user generated site. so whomever put the iso on there may or may not have gotten it from MS and may or may not have tinkered with it first. no guarantees either way. it can be a decent source for some things but not for everything.
Could you possibly send me a copy of the ISO of Pro? I need something that is official. If it's too much then don't bother.

neom11

Prominent
Nov 13, 2022
I foud answer to my own problem.

The reason the nVidia drivers couldn’t install properly is because the Win7 wHQL servers are down since January, so it can’t connect to them to determine whether or not drivers are valid and authentic, so no driver signatures will work and they will be detected as illegitimate. To solve this issue, you have to use DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely uninstall the current display drivers and then disable Driver Signing using bcdedit /set testsigning on, open Run and write gpedit.msc, go to User Config -> Admin. Templates -> System -> Driver Installation, in there you will see Code signing for device drivers, open that and choose the option Enabled on top-left and choose Ignore under Options, click Apply, Ok and then restart. Disable integrity checks via CMD while restarting and then get the official SHA-2 hotfixes from Microsoft and lastly, install the drivers as admin. nVidia has addressed this issue here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...nstallation-process-under-microsoft-windows-7

Status
Not open for further replies.