[SOLVED] Windows 7 update..crash.. how to get it back up?

Sep 11, 2020
So my Toshiba Satellite L50-C (running windows 7) had an option. The the power indicator listed 3 options. "Power off", Update power off", "Update Restart". I chose the update restart. It did the update and restarted. However all it did was go to a screen then displayed "Toshiba leading innovation>>>" with "system repair". After a short time the screen goes black then for a second a white outline of a box starts in the center and expands till it disappears . Then i am left with a black screen and a white arrow cursor. I suspect the update corrupted something but i can't get anywhere to reboot any other saved restore points. How do i get it to do something?

Solution
So my Toshiba Satellite L50-C (running windows 7) had an option. The the power indicator listed 3 options. "Power off", Update power off", "Update Restart". I chose the update restart. It did the update and restarted. However all it did was go to a screen then displayed "Toshiba leading innovation>>>" with "system repair". After a short time the screen goes black then for a second a white outline of a box starts in the center and expands till it disappears . Then i am left with a black screen and a white arrow cursor. I suspect the update corrupted something but i can't get anywhere to reboot any other saved restore points. How do i get it to do something?
I suspect GPU driver. Try booting into safe mode (F5 or F8 during boot))
I suspect GPU driver. Try booting into safe mode (F5 or F8 during boot))

Solution

TRENDING THREADS