windows 7 update will not install

Wayne Richards

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Bought a new hard drive ,reinstalled windows 7 pro from recovery disks and 7 pro key everything fine until update SP1 Auto update downloads but crashes on 2 of 2 install .Message= Update failed.Is Microsoft not supporting Windows 7 pro to force me to buy windows 10?

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
c:\windows\windowsupdate.log

scroll to the bottom, it will have the error message and likely a code that indicates what you need to search for on the web.

If inclined, post the error here.

Wayne Richards

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Wayne Richards : "windows 7 update will not install"

Lost my hard drive ,all my data bought a new hard drive ,using recovery disk to reinstall Problem is I reinstalled some Steam games and the will not run .Was told I had to get Windows 10 because microsoft does not support Windows 7 (certain updates)1 game will not start Sniper Elite 4 was working fine until I lost my hard drive Any help is appreciated.

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Wayne, have you had an opportunity to look at the log file I mentioned above? Would you be able to copy/paste the last ~15 lines of that log file into this forum? Or would you be able to look in the file, find the error, and copy/paste the content around the error so we can have a look? Or... have you abandoned this thread?

TRENDING THREADS