Windows 7 Upgrade Bootable DVD Guide (Having Issues?)

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I decided to compile a fast way to get your Windows 7 into a bootable DVD without having to convert it into an ISO. The processor is very speedy, and does not require the compiling of files into an Iso format. As we all know Microsoft has given us a utility for creating an Iso file, however people report it takes a very very long time. This is how I did it.

This guide is for people using the Student upgrade version, consisting of
Setup1.box Setup2.box, and Win7-P-Retail-en-us-x64

Step 1, Download the Box files and exe via the probably download manager given to you in your mail. From here run the Setup named Win7-P-Retain-en-Us-x86/orx64

tutorial1.jpg

Step 2 Insure the file is completely extracted unto the Desktop: Size should be 3.01gb

Tutorial2.jpg

Step X Run the setup to run an Inplace install if you want (or can), or if you want to make a bootable read on
Tutorial3.jpg

Step 3: If you receive this error: Please follow to Error Correction 1a
Tutorial4.jpg

Step 4: Google "ImgBurn"
Tutorial5.jpg

Step 5: Enter ImgBurn's website and go to the download tab.
Tutorial6.jpg

Step 6: Select your Mirror and Download
Tutorial7.jpg

Step 7: Run the downloaded Setup (SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0)
Tutorial8.jpg

Step 8: Installing ImgBurn
Tutorial9.jpg

Step 9: Finished Installing ImgBurn
Tutorial10.jpg

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Continued

Step 10: Run ImgBurn application
Tutorial11.jpg

Step 11: Click on "Write Files/Folder to Disc"
Tutorial12.jpg

Step 12: Drag Files inside extendedsetup folder to the Appropriate ImgBurn File box. See picture.
Tutorial13.jpg

Step 13: Confirm folders/files in ImbgBurn's file box.
Tutorial14.jpg

Step 14: Make your way to the tabs on the right of the ImgBurn window, and select "Advanced" tab.
tutorial15.jpg

Step 15: From the advanced tabs, go to Bootable Disc.
Tutorial16.jpg

Step 16: Check the "Make image bootable" option.
Tutorial17.jpg

Step 17:Open file box to choose the bootable DDOS application.
Tutorial18.jpg

Step 18: Navigate to your Desktop from here, then to extendedsetup, and finally boot folder.
Tutorial19.jpg

Tutorial20.jpg

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Tutorial21.jpg

Step 19: Select "etsboot" (Ms Dos), click Open.
Tutorial22.jpg

Step 20: Select Write files to Disc and wait. Your done making your bootable Windows 7 DVD
Tutorial23.jpg

Error Correction 1a.

Step 1a: Navigate to your User folder. Right click Desktop and go to properties.
Tutorial24.jpg

Step 2a: Uncheck "Read Only". Hit apply.
TUtorial27.jpg

Step 3a: Ensure the showed options are checked then hit Ok.
Tutorial28.jpg

Step 4a: Wait for windows to finish applying the settings.
Tutorial29.jpg

Step 5a: Rerun the extraction setup: Win7-P-Retain-en-Us-x86/orx64.
NOTICE: If the error appears again, it is fine. Check the Folder size, if it is 3.01gb then proceed on and ignore the error. This error correction is to avoid the files from being deleted by Window's due to lack or rights after the setup is finished....

tutorial1.jpg

Tutorial2.jpg

G

okay so everything work BUT when i click
Tutorial23.jpg

i have this error message >

ImgBurnEUWim.jpg

so what do i choose?

G

thx AsAnAtheist

ill made it using UDF setting,

ill let you know if i can use that dvd to boot on a virgin computer! :hello: :kaola:

and thx again!

G

So, ive try both ways, and i can run the install from windows but cant boot from disk "error code 5"..

let you know when i make it work

G

IVE FOUND IT! simple you make an iso and ive test it it work to boot from disk

1. Download this tool :

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/general-discussion/32382d1256189124-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l-oscdimg.zip

2. Unzip and move oscdimg.exe to your System32 directory (likely to be C:\Windows\System32)

3. Open an elevated command prompt.

In Vista you do this by typing 'cmd' into your 'Start Menu' and hitting ctrl+shift+enter.

In XP, just type 'cmd' into the Run dialogue (Windows Key+R or from your Start Menu).

In win7 RC go in start search "cmd", right "click run as admin"

4. Type (or copy and paste(with right click in cmd window))
the following into your command prompt (this will vary a little, depending on where you've put your expandedSetup folder):

oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\expandedSetup" C:\WIN7.ISO

5. Ta'da! You've got a burnable ISO!

6 use imgburn click make an iso, add the iso thats been create "WIN7.ISO"

7 burn enjoy

ill add later all the images

its test and it work!

honor goes to Sebastian Anthony from

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/22/how-to-make-a-dvd-of-that-student-only-windows-7/

where you can find the same process, except Ive relink the working download tool !

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
IVE FOUND IT! simple you make an iso and ive test it it work to boot from disk

1. Download this tool :

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/general-discussion/32382d1256189124-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l-oscdimg.zip

2. Unzip and move oscdimg.exe to your System32 directory (likely to be C:\Windows\System32)

3. Open an elevated command prompt.

In Vista you do this by typing 'cmd' into your 'Start Menu' and hitting ctrl+shift+enter.

In XP, just type 'cmd' into the Run dialogue (Windows Key+R or from your Start Menu).

In win7 RC go in start search "cmd", right "click run as admin"

4. Type (or copy and paste(with right click in cmd window))
the following into your command prompt (this will vary a little, depending on where you've put your expandedSetup folder):

oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\expandedSetup" C:\WIN7.ISO

5. Ta'da! You've got a burnable ISO!

6 use imgburn click make an iso, add the iso thats been create "WIN7.ISO"

7 burn enjoy

ill add later all the images

its test and it work!

honor goes to Sebastian Anthony from

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/22/how-to-make-a-dvd-of-that-student-only-windows-7/

where you can find the same process, except Ive relink the working download tool !

This will work, however takes much longer than my method. My method bypasses creating the iso saving you an hour or hours.

"I decided to compile a fast way to get your Windows 7 into a bootable DVD without having to convert it into an ISO. The processor is very speedy, and does not require the compiling of files into an Iso format. As we all know Microsoft has given us a utility for creating an Iso file, however people report it takes a very very long time. This is how I did it. "