Windows 7 USB 3.0 extensible host controller code 39

ieclemen

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Can't use the USB ports of computer properly after reformat. Drivers were redownloaded from MSIs website and updated using iobit driver booster. Mouse sometimes work but without the scroll and forward/back functions. USB flash drive is not detected at all after booting windows. Though both works and is detected on BIOS. Device manager shows code 39 error on USB extensible host controller. Tried uninstalling several times but computer always fail to install driver. Tried deleting UpperFilters on registry but still get stuck on reinstalling driver since it always fails. Manually installing driver from the internet goes back to the code 39 error.

Motherboard msi h110m pro vh
Cpu i3 6100 @3.70 ghz
16gb RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Solution
I managed to fix it, i searched for a different chipset. Google "intel h110 chipset" downloaded and installed the first one i saw. Not sure if its safe installing chipsets if your not sure its compatible. Anyway thats what I did then manually reinstalled my previously downloaded usb driver. Then boom, the sweet sound when you plugged in a usb. Devices installed for a while then my mouse work with all its lights and stuff. Then my flash drive was detected. At last I can sleep in peace. .. thanks for the help I wouldn't have done it alone.

ieclemen

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
I just noticed, even though the mouse is working, moving it fast makes the pointer move to the opposite side. Moving it fast continuously makes the mouse pointer go all around and clicking all by itself. I also tried it with a different mouse with the same result. Tried booting on safe mode, mouse still moved but usb flash drives is still not detected.

ieclemen

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Clicked the link and I found out I already downloaded the file 3 times. Downloaded the file again, unzipped it, and installed it again. Restarted the computer, plugged in the mouse, it moved but the scroll and forward/back button still not working. Plugged in my flash drive, still not detected. Checked device manager, "!" On other devices, universal serial bus controller

ieclemen

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
I managed to fix it, i searched for a different chipset. Google "intel h110 chipset" downloaded and installed the first one i saw. Not sure if its safe installing chipsets if your not sure its compatible. Anyway thats what I did then manually reinstalled my previously downloaded usb driver. Then boom, the sweet sound when you plugged in a usb. Devices installed for a while then my mouse work with all its lights and stuff. Then my flash drive was detected. At last I can sleep in peace. .. thanks for the help I wouldn't have done it alone.

Solution