Windows 7 VS Windows 8.1

kx250_man

Reputable
May 23, 2015
I have a computer that has windows vista on it 500GB of hard drive and 4GB of ram. I am wanting to upgrade to a new version of windows. Which one should I pick windows 8.1 or windows 7?????

Solution
Windows 8.1 is much better in terms of security. But, Windows 7 is more user friendly (it has a start menu) If you are willing to get used to Windows with a different way of accessing the start menu to do things like shutdown your system, pick Windows 8.1. If you still like having the start menu at the bottom left corner of your screen, choose WIndows 7.

Although these are good options, Windows 10 has brought back the start menu and in a few years, when most of the Windows 10 bugs are fixed, It would be a better choice between 8.1 and 7

Reyaz123

Admirable
Windows 8.1 is much better in terms of security. But, Windows 7 is more user friendly (it has a start menu) If you are willing to get used to Windows with a different way of accessing the start menu to do things like shutdown your system, pick Windows 8.1. If you still like having the start menu at the bottom left corner of your screen, choose WIndows 7.

Although these are good options, Windows 10 has brought back the start menu and in a few years, when most of the Windows 10 bugs are fixed, It would be a better choice between 8.1 and 7

Solution

TRENDING THREADS