[SOLVED] Windows 7 will not install

May 27, 2019
I try to install windowals 7 and it will not install. It says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." Windows 7 has been successfully installed on this computer before. How do I get it to work now?

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
You need to test if the Hard Drive is working. Also try to install Windows on a different Hard Drive.

P.S: You should start abandoning Windows 7 as its official support is ending soon. It will be unsafe to use without security patches, starting from January 14 2020.

May 27, 2019
You need to test if the Hard Drive is working. Also try to install Windows on a different Hard Drive.

P.S: You should start abandoning Windows 7 as its official support is ending soon. It will be unsafe to use without security patches, starting from January 14 2020.
I have tried to hard drives . One is new. They are not the problem. A failed Windows 2000 install said "NTDETECT failed". Could the problem be motherboard or SATA related?

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
Could be. Do the drives work in other PCs?

Is the system old? Maybe it is starting to shows its age?

Is the dvd scratched? Try downloading Windows from the official Microsoft website for free and install it from a usb stick.

Have you changed ANY BIOS settings?

May 27, 2019
One does. I have not tried the other. Both hard drives are the same model.
The parts were bought in 2015 new not preowned.
The dvd is not scratched. I have tried Windows 2000, Windows 7, and Windows 10. None worked. I have tried downloading Windows 10 from the website and the install would not work.
I have changed bios settings to get the installation to work. I could look through the BIOS setttings more.