Windows 7 will not load/repair/safemode

rpowell

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Left computer running for several hours unused. Computer would not wake and I used the power button to shut down the system. Here is what is going on now: Windows 7 will not load past the windows splash screen; repair computer option loads windows files quickly and displays a blank screen indefinitely; safemode gets stuck on "Loading Windows Files/Please wait" screen; there is one system beep on start-up; booting from DVD loads repair or start windows normally choice and results in a blank screen after quickly loading windows files. I have browsed the forums and spent the day reading, but I have achieved no progress.

Thank you for any help!!

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional
Gigabye GA-P55A-UD3
intel 5i
EVGA GTX 570
3 seagate Hard Drives
DDR3 corsair XMS 16GB at 1600mHz

AVG Free edition
CCleaner
Spybot Pro
Firefox with ad/script blockers

Try this - disconnect your hard drives, and then connect only the OS drive (where Windows is installed) and try to boot. If it won't, try booting from the DVD and see if you can repair the installation. Sometimes there can be an issue with multiple hard drives reading the proper boot drive - especially if you have a windows installation that has problems.

rpowell

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

OK. I tried disconnecting the nonessential HDD, still cannot get into Windows normally and repair still does not operate. I was able to get into safe mode with the windows disk in and format all three HDDs. I I nstalled Windows 7 on a new partition. BUT, on restart the system still gets stuck at the Windows splash screen. Windows needs to complete the restart for the new install to function. Is this bios level malware?

rpowell

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

I tried this. No change in system behavior. Still stuck at windows splash screen. Thanks.