Windows 7 Won't Boot After Resetting the CMOS Battery

PaperTRex

Reputable
May 14, 2015
So, I was trying to get into my BIOS, but I had forgotten the password. To remove the password I simply took out the CMOS battery, removed power from the motherboard, and waited for a few minutes before returning the battery and power. This worked for removing the password and I can get to my BIOS now. The problem is, now whenever I turn on my PC and wait for it to load, it gives and error saying "A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue." I can either go through Startup Repair or run Windows normally. Whenever I go to Startup Repair, it says it is trying to fix the problem for awhile before telling me the issue can't be fixed. Whenever I run Windows normally, it goes through to the animation of the four little pieces coming together to form the Windows symbol, but it stops in the middle of the animation and takes me back to the error screen.

After spending a lot of time on the internet researching the issue I have done the following:

-reset the CMOS with the jumper pins
-waited 30 minutes with the battery taken out and the motherboard's power cable taken out
-tried to use system restore from the menu it takes me to when Startup Repair fails (tells me it could not restore)
-made sure the battery was placed properly
-rechecked all cables within the PC
(none of these things did anything to solve the problem)

My PC is custom built and it's been working perfectly for the past couple of years up until now. I haven't added any new hardware for the past year now.

It's basic specs:
- PS: Corsair CX430
- MB: Asrok H61M-DGS
- GPU: HD Radeon 7770
- CPU: Intel Core i5
- 500 GB HD
- 8 GB RAM

Any help is much appreciated. :)