Windows 7 won't boot - black screen w/ moveable cursor

nytz

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Alright, so my Acer laptop has been working fine with no problems at all since i bought it about 2 years ago. This was until yesterday where i turned it on, just to see no login screen, only a black screen with a moveable cursor

I tried ctrl+alt+delete didn't work

I tried to repair windows with the repair disc through a USB, didnt work. It said that windows couldn't automaticly fix the issue, in the log it said:

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Proglem Signature 01: 6.1.76900.16385
Proglem Signature 02: 6.1.76900.16385
Proglem Signature 03: Unknown
Proglem Signature 04: 0
Proglem Signature 05: Autofailover
Proglem Signature 06: 8
Proglem Signature 07: BadDriver

I tried to restore to previous system points, but didn't have any for some reason

When i boot from the repair disc, i'm able to get into the menu where i chose OS, and found out that when i press Load Drivers, i'm able to access my HDD, where everything seems to be intact, already copied some important work stuff to a seperate HDD if *** won't get working

any ideas?

Right your problem is this i suspect, the video driver in windows has become corrupt.
When you first turn on the laptop keep pressing the F8 key to get the extended boot menu of windows.
What you need to do then is load windows in safe mode.

If it boots ok, what you need to do is uninstall the graphics driver in safe mode then re-boot so it loads normaly.
Then you will have to re-install the graphics driver to get all of your screen resolutions.

nytz

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008

same thing happens in all of the safe modes - black screen with a moveable cursor