windows 7 won't boot from SSD anymore.

Aerodet2

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Hello, I have a windows 7 machine with a HDD & a SSD. I have two versions of windows, one legit and one torrented. The torrented one is installed on the HDD, and can boot right up. the SSD was working just fine before (i use it just as a boot drive/small docs) but now it will blue screen / can't system restore / can't boot in safe mode from SSD.

I recently have installed a few programs that I believe may have tried to install onto the SSD and that may have caused problems. I tried to install OBS for streaming on Twitch, and a few drivers for a capture card and a web cam. I remember when i first installed the SSD, i had some driver issues but it has been running well for the past few weeks leading up to this.

I'm currently running spybot S&D from the HDD to see if malware or a virus is causing the SSD to not boot.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: just to mention, the SSD is "healthy" and "good status" on the Samsung Digital Magician software that came with the SSD, but alas it will not boot. my mobo has the two little red lights on it also that will blink when you have system errors, the lights are indicating a "mem" error and a "vga" error, but the hdmi output on on my Raedon 7870 works fine, and i have done the memory diagnostics from the black boot screen with no error results.

Aerodet2

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
in my bios sata configuration i can change the sata settings to IDE/AHCI/RAID. It was on IDE. I tried booting with the other two options unsuccessfully. I got a black screen saying "missing operating system" even after resetting bios defaults now..

EDIT 3: so now i'm getting fed up, right? and i tried to pop the boot disk in, but now not even that will start up windows restore!! this isthe screen i get after the disk fails to "load windows files"....at my witts end here fellas...
http://imgur.com/rYX8Kvx

EDIT 2: this is the screen i see when i try to system restore from SSD: http://imgur.com/7mbtOJl

it seems like the cat2 folder that seems to be responsible for windows update is broken, or something. before this big crash, i was getting errors for updating drivers & i was having a lot of hardware issues with the drivers. how can i resolve this?

EDIT: after playing around in the bios {default& enabling boot frmo EUFI devices) & moving the sata port from my SSD my comp now at least i can get to system restore for my SSD, but my computer says it cannot automatically fix the issue. the details with a bunch of errors with "0x0" "no root cause found" "changing some system configuration may have caused this issue"

the bootable system restore doesnt work on the SSD either, i am conisdering popping the format disk in for the SSD and reinstaling windows all together, but i would like to resolve this problem without wiping any drives. . plz help

Aerodet2

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
alright so i'm not exactly sure what happened to the windows install on my SSD but i got my computer going to the point where i could boot from HDD & then run the windows 7 install disk. I installed a fresh copy of windows onto the SSD and it seems to be working now.