windows 7 wont boot up? extremely urgent!!!

jasonrm88

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
hello everyone this might be a bit long to read as I want to give as much detail as I can.

right lets begin.

firstly I have upgraded my rig.
Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8320
GPU: R9 270
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
RAM: 8 gb (not sure on brand)
hdd: 1 TB
PSU: 750w

so my old rig worked fine on any low intensity games like csgo but struggled on low setting on anything intensive like dayZ Arma 3. so as you would expect I upgraded to the items listed above I know 100% they are plugged in and powered correctly.

when I turn on my system it tries to start windows 7 because I have kept the TB HDD from my old build to this one. but then comes up with start windows normally or (system repair) either on I click on restarts my computer????

I have tried booting up windows for my windows 7 disc and have already changed so the first place to put from is the CD/DVD player and it sounds like it is reading the disc but then says loading windows files then restarts my pc and its in a continual cycle??

I think maybe I need to format my HDD but I am not sure on exactly how you do that as I can only get into BIOS and there's nothing in BIOS that looks like it can help.

I don't have a clue what to do as I am sure your first suggestions are the things I have listed above and have tried countless times but anything else that may help me would be great.

Any additional information available upon request.

thank you for reading this monster paragraph :)

Regards

Jason

jasonrm88

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
I only have one 8gb stick but I will check the different slots as my mobo supports up to 32gb

jasonrm88

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015

yeah I get that but how can I do that if I can only acess the BIOS menu and my windows 7 disc wont auto run? yes the disc works as I have tried it on my fathers laptop but it just doesn't auto run when it was in my fathers pc he had to click on it to run it I assume I need it to auto run?? do you have any idea in how to do this???

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

put the disc in, start your machine and tap F10 until you get to boot menu, select DVD drive and it will load from DVD, select custom install and then format your HDD, then full install windows to HDD, let us know if it works.

jasonrm88

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015

unfortunately no this does not work as I believe the disc doesn't auto run ? like I previously said my I tried on my dads computer I had to click run this application and as all I can access is the BIOS on my pc I cant tell it to run even though I have the CD/DVD drive as the first bootable location

TRENDING THREADS