Windows 7 won't boot.

zynx33

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
So awhile ago I bought a prebuilt PC that came with no windows disk, but windows 7 was already installed. after awhile I upgraded the PSU and graphics card. Then I switched the parts to a different case but messed up the motherboard, so I had to get a new one, but to get windows to boot I had to restore it. I should mention up until now I had an amd fx-6120.

Now for xmas I got an i7-3770k, a new mobo, and a case. Got it all put together and running, but windows 7 won't boot. I tried burning the windows 7 iso to a disc, and set it to boot from that but it just says windows is loading files, then goes to windows is starting, then restarts or freezes.

So then I tried to use a usb as a bootdrive with windows 7 on it, and it just says windows is loading files, then windows is starting, then it restarts or freezes.

So will buying a fresh copy of windows 7 actually fix it? BEcause I don't have the money for a copy of windows 7. What exactly are my options here?

i take it you have used the old hdd with win7 on it? do you have a product key sticker on your computer? bottom line is with all the hardware changes you did the os on the old hdd will not work. the only thing to do is a clean install of windows.if you have the sticker with your key just download the iso for your version of windows and use imgburn to make an install disk.

zynx33

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

Yes to your first question. And that's what I did, and it still didn't work :/ maybe I'll try it one more time.
EDIT: yes to all your questions haha

zynx33

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

When I put in the install disk and boot it gives me a blue screen saying page fault in non paged area?

ok,couple of things.make sure ram etc is installed correctly.in other words go over everything.if it persists unplug any non essential peripheral including graphics card if you have onboard graphics.then try installing windows.it does sound like a hardware problem.

zynx33

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

It's definitely a software problem, the hard drive doesn't have the mother board drivers on it, but I can't put the motherboard drivers on it because windows won't boot....