Windows 7 won't boot

adipreme

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014
When I'm booting my pc I get a black screen for like 5-10 seconds and then I get to bios automaticaly.No windows loading screen/logo at all.I recently deleted a partition by mistake can that be a problem?Any solutions would be appreciated.

Solution
yes but the type of install is important.
no data left to protect wipe and fresh install.
data there you still need, you want to repair the install, which is like re-install light, only windows files will be reinstalled
Linux can boot the system and mount the drive so you can explore what is actually left on the drive and then decide on the proper repair course, wipe and fresh or install light.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
yes.
Which partition was deleted? you can use a linux distribution on USB or DVD and boot the system to check and verify your data is there.
if you deleted the main partition and there is no data, simply reinstalling is the thing to do. If your data files are still there, backup any files you cannot afford to lose now, boot to the windows installer and repair the current installation and hope that repairs the partition.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
yes but the type of install is important.
no data left to protect wipe and fresh install.
data there you still need, you want to repair the install, which is like re-install light, only windows files will be reinstalled
Linux can boot the system and mount the drive so you can explore what is actually left on the drive and then decide on the proper repair course, wipe and fresh or install light.

Solution