Windows 7 won't connect to internet

Aug 17, 2018
I've read a thread just like that, with my exact problem, on this website, but I've tried the solution and it just don't work.

I've just reinstalled windows 7 onto my laptop, and it won't connect to the internet now. I'm guessing I need a network driver, but I downloaded the most recent one from Intel, but I get a "No Intel(R) adapters are present), or something to that effect, error. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It appears that there are a number of versions for that laptop. Also, you didn't say how you were attempting to connect to the Internet (LAN or Wireless).

Open Control Panel and click on Systems and Security.
Under System, click the link for Device Manager.
In the new Window, click the small triangle to the left of Network Adapters to expand that tree.
---- This should detail the manufacturer for both the LAN and Wireless LAN chip manufacturer
Go Here - Acer Support and select your version of Windows 7 (either 32-bit or 64-bit) from the Operating System dropdown box.
Click on Driver to expand the selection.
You will need to download the correct LAN and Wireless LAN drivers for each device based on the manufacturer (Atheros...

Wolfshadw

Titan
It appears that there are a number of versions for that laptop. Also, you didn't say how you were attempting to connect to the Internet (LAN or Wireless).

Open Control Panel and click on Systems and Security.
Under System, click the link for Device Manager.
In the new Window, click the small triangle to the left of Network Adapters to expand that tree.
---- This should detail the manufacturer for both the LAN and Wireless LAN chip manufacturer
Go Here - Acer Support and select your version of Windows 7 (either 32-bit or 64-bit) from the Operating System dropdown box.
Click on Driver to expand the selection.
You will need to download the correct LAN and Wireless LAN drivers for each device based on the manufacturer (Atheros, Broadcom, RealTek or Intel).

-Wolf sends

Solution
Aug 19, 2018
Have you tried with an ethernet cable? Have you got a driver disk that came with the laptop?

I'd hard cable it in and test the net, then download the wireless drivers from the retailer's website.