Windows 7 wont install.

Travis2544

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
This is a clean build just finished today and trying to install windows 7. Yes my optical drive is my first boot. It goes through installing and expanding windows files etc but when it restarts after that i get this message..."the computer restarted unexpectadly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Ive tried doing that but it keeps going back to running through the installation process. Anyone know the issue here?

xlent gmr

Honorable
Oct 18, 2014

ohk dude here u r again so try dis put window dvd in your dvd drive and press [boot from cd dvd] after that what is happen tell me

USAFRet

Titan
OK, lets see where this goes:

Windows 7 - what type of install is it? OEM, retail? I see your using a DVD
Boot from the DVD, install
Then what happens? Does it say 'Press any key, blah blah....'? If so, do not do that. Just let it run

If it does anything else besides continue, possibly your install media is a little hosed. Is it a store bought DVD, or something you burned from an ISO?

USAFRet

Titan

It happens. Not often, but it does.

RAM:
Run memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/
See what happens.

What you are apparently seeing should not happen. If hardware and install software is good, a fail during the Windows install is very, very rare.

One other thing: Can you post the system specs, particularly the RAM and motherboard?

Another thing that could be happening is that the RAM is simply unstable - the motherboard's "Auto" setting is not running it at the correct timings or voltage. This is especially likely if it's "high-performance" RAM of 1866 MHz or above; it is pretty common for it to either need XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) enabled, or for you to have to do the settings yourself.