Windows 7 won't load after splash screen

morrise001

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr II
MOBO: MSI p67a-gd65
PSU: CoolerMaster gx 650

As the title states, Windows 7 will not load for me after the splash screen. Before this happened, I was having problems with my graphics drivers repeatedly crashing. I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers and upon restarting the computer the screen had a shade of pink. I started to do a restore and when the computer rebooted, the screen went black after the splash screen with nothing but the mouse pointer.

I went in to my UEFI click bios and ran a memory test which said the memory was fine. I tested a Visiontek Radeon 5750 which returned the same result, a black screen after the splash screen. The only thing that I can conclude is that there is problem with the operating system. I may however, be very wrong.

Does this sound like an operating system error? If it is, I can get Windows 7 professional upgrade for $65 because I am a student. If this is not an operating system error, what might it be?

morrise001

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
That's what I thought as well. But like I said, when I plugged in the radeon 5750, I still couldn't get a display. I'm not sure if there's a way to test the PCI slot for the card or maybe there's an issue with the power supply? I'm totally clueless.

Edit: When I say pink screen, it was a shade of pink across the screen not an entirely pink screen. I could still see the desktop and icons. I'm not sure if that matters.