Windows 7 won't recognize sim card (in reader)

pintree3

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
On my PC there is a card reader connected. It shows up as 4 different drives when I look at "My Computer" and elsewhere. One of the slots in the reader is for sim cards. When a sim card is inserted a Windows sound is heard and the "Installing Device Driver" window shows up but then another window stating the installation was not successful. Any further action from within windows does not solve the problem. I tried an external card reader connected via USB and the same negative results. this was tried with 3 different sim cards. Any solutions out there?

pintree3

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Thanks to all. 1st yes it's a sim card which comes from inside a cell phone. As to trying the manufacturer. There is no way of me telling who the manufacturer of the card could be. I assume you mean the phone company who provided the sim card then? (which places me in trouble, if so, cause the provider is from my old phone used overseas and the site is in Chinese.)

archor

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I am having the same problem SunPack card reader 72 in 1 will not read sim card out of phone reads all others ?
I have tried i phone card and Motorola cards ?

kelseyg2

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

have you figured it out? just bought the Sunpak card reader 72 in 1 and i can't figure it out either!!

This probably won't help any of you, but I bought a Kodak card reader which included a slot for reading a mobile SIM card. All the memory card slots worked simply by plugging the card reader in, but the SIM card slot would not work until I installed the Kodak driver supplied with the reader.

wandercab

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hey i just got the sunpak card reader 72-1. i downloaded some sim card drivers from this link http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5bs8u-purchased-sunpak-72-in-1-high-speed-card-reader.html. I tried it on 2 old sim cards from old phones and it works. i don't know if it is free but it does read the cards. I hope this helps

JimThe One

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

I downloaded this software from the manufacturer and my antivirus program stopped it from running as it was a known trojan malware program... now what?

Fishbait

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

The SIM card portion of the Kodak reader (Radio Shack) ONLY works on XP using the drivers on the CD. The other slots will work fine without the CD drivers, and on win 7, but the Sim Card reader will not work on Win7. There is no "work-around" or nor have Win7 drivers have been written for this device that I know of. Your options are (1)Find an XP machine (the software has a nice interface for editing and duplicating SIM card data, BTW), OR (2) to take the SIM card(s) to a cell phone shop. They will transfer or back up your data for a fee, of course.

sorryinputerror

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014

In case you or others are looking for it. It took me awhile to find a link. But, if you still have that piece of hardware, here is the SUNPAK 72 in 1 Card reader drivers for Windows 7 from the manufacturer's website.

http://www.sunpak.com/specsheets/simreaderzipver10250.zip

Hope this helps.