Windows 7 won't shut down, can´t update

Pucky

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Hi, windows 7 won't shut down, gets stuck on logging off even on Selective Startup.
I can´t download any windows updates, windows update doesn´t work, I get an error. Can´t even update to windows 10.
My pc stop detecting my headsets (unknown device code 43).

I have a desktop.
My nvidia and mobo drivers are updated. Everything is connected (ram, etc.).
I don´t know how to solve this, I can only thought on formatting. Pls help.

Thanks,
Pucky.

Pucky

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014

It still doesn´t work. All the malware detected was remove and the problem still the same.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Hi Pucky

I had already indicated this solution in another post. Try to follow these steps and then tell me if it worked.
I went through the same problem. The processor go into full speed, because the access to Windows Update suffers from a mismatch. Microsoft has released an update that reduces the mismatch and processing speed. Try this solution. It resulted with me (X64):
- reinstall Windows 7;
- activate Windows Update;
- several Net Framework updates and SP1 will be transferred;
- after SP1 have been transferred, YOU MUST block the Windows update;
- open Internet Explorer and download Explorer 11;
- open the Explorer 11 and download this update: kb 3161664. This security update will lower the processor speed and speed up Windows Update scans;
- open Windows Update, but keep ALWAYS Windows Update blocked for automatic updates;
- search for updates MANUALLY and wait for some minutes;
- you will start receiving updates after a few minutes;
- install the updates;
- repeat the operation;
- when there are no more updates you can enable Windows Update to automatic if you want. After you activate Windows Update, will begin to receive more updates BUT some are related to Windows 10 upgrade.
At this time it's your choice.
- install board drives
Of course you must restart your PC after each of these steps.
I hope this helps.

Pucky

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014

Thx for your reply,
the problem is that I don´t have the cd, neither the key to reinstall windows 7. I tried to use a key finder but I can´t download windows 7 from the official site with the key that the key finder gave me.
Any idea on how to solve this?

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Code 80080005 may be related to updates. Did you reinstall Windows 7 as I told you above?
You do not need a key to install Windows 7. You can use windows 7 for 30 days without activating it. If the key is in the BIOS is complicated to get it. The key was on a sticker or was in the bios?