windows 7 wont start up

Tazzmaster00

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
hello guys i need your help plz.

my computer was running fine last night, my wife turned it on this morning and i just get a blue screen. it wont load windows 7

i have a acer labtop it dont have a cd rom

prob:
1) goes to loading windows
2) startup repair is checking your system
3) windows cannot repair this computer automatically
4) click finish it turns off, i turn it on i keep getting same messages as stated above.

if you need more info just buzz me ty

Solution

OK. Then you will need to use your recovery CDs. Since you said the laptop doesn't have a CD-ROM, do you have a recovery media of some sort? I know a friend of mine purchased a Dell laptop recently and on first boot he was asked to create a recovery key using a USB key instead.

If you don't have any of this, there should also be a hidden recovery partition on the hard disk inside the laptop. Usually with Acer you need to press ALT+F10 at the Acer BIOS loading screen. But if it doesn't work, check your manual it might...

Tazzmaster00

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
tryd to starting in "Safe Mode" but it goes to windows is loading files
then goes to startup repair is checking your system for problems again
then shows same thing windows cannot repair this computer auotmatically

MC_K7

Distinguished

OK. Then you will need to use your recovery CDs. Since you said the laptop doesn't have a CD-ROM, do you have a recovery media of some sort? I know a friend of mine purchased a Dell laptop recently and on first boot he was asked to create a recovery key using a USB key instead.

If you don't have any of this, there should also be a hidden recovery partition on the hard disk inside the laptop. Usually with Acer you need to press ALT+F10 at the Acer BIOS loading screen. But if it doesn't work, check your manual it might be a different key to trigger it.

IMPORTANT: Note that using a recovery disk or the hidden recovery partition is destructive. Windows will be reinstalled and all data will be erased. It just puts the computer back in the same state as when you bought it (factory default). If you had important data on the laptop that you'd like to recover, you'll need to take the hard disk out and plug it into another computer or put it into an external disk enclosure to make a back-up.

Solution