Windows 7 x32 hangs/freezes randomly, only safe mode+networking works

horia0310

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Well, I've got a new copy of windows 7 (32 bit version) I have got 4 GB ram only 3,25 in use (like I had on the XP version, running on the same PC) and after I boot up the PC I just look at the desktop, play with some random games, create and delete folders, do some little stress to the RAM or sometimes just doing nothing. The only boot that works is safe mode and its variants.

Things that I've done in the past 7 days:

-I checked RAM integrity - no errors
-Everything is up to date (drivers, everything) - it hanged/froze even with a fresh copy of Windows 7
-I use wireless if that is a problem, found some errors about it and will post them after this list
-enabled services and disabled them VIA msconfig (toying around I found out that it WONT CRASH with any internet service on normal mode)
-I checked Windows 7 compatibility and it's 100% compatible
-Tried to update BIOS but I don't think it will solve anything anyways
-Used dozens of registry cleaners (CCleaner and lots; lots more) - still nothing
-Put a second HDD on my machine with Windows 7 same version, it still crashed, but on the second machine the second HDD works great.

Event 7001: The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Event 10005: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}

I am so desperate to fix this, I've tried several forums and I seem to be ignored.

-Hash :)

There are lots of causes of this error, and I would need much more information to isolate the cause. Firstly have you done a clean install not a upgrade, secondly have you removed the wirless drivers? Connect via a wired Ethernet port. Avast anti-virus can cause this problem. You should test without installing any drivers or programs after a fresh install of Windows. Have you looked in event viewer for this problem? What do you mean by "internet services on normal mode"?

horia0310

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
1. I don't have direct ethernet port because cable wont reach my computer, leaving me only with the USB wireless network adapter.
2. Where do I uninstall Avast anti-virus, I checked programs and devices and I couldn't find it.
3. I tried a new fresh install of windows without any driver updates, still crashed.
4. Yes, I have had looked into event viewer, I'll even create you a copy.
5. I meant wireless internet on normal boot.

Thanks, in advance.

horia0310

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Still on the line?

-Hash

It looks like your problem is related to the wireless drivers, have you updated these? Windows XP wireless drivers may not work properly in Windows 7. Try running "SFC scannow" in the command prompt running as the administrator. If you have any errors here, then the problem is due to the memory. Windows 7 is much more critical of the memory than Windows XP and a computer that can run Windows XP without any problems may fail on Windows 7 due to the memory and memory tests do not always pick up the problem.

horia0310

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

I tried SFC scannow, still no errors found, I am still not 100% sure that the wireless device is doing the thing badly I am somewhere 85%. How can I find what windows service or what thing causes me the input and output freeze in normal mode. I am so sick of safe mode..

-Hash