Question Windows 8.1 - 32 & 64 bit

waynerr

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Hello,
My Genuine Windows 8.1 came with both a 32 bit and a 64 bit disk. Is it legitimate in Microsoft's eyes to put one of them on one of my drives and the other on a second drive in the same physical system ?
Thanks,
Wayne

waynerr

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks USAFRet,
Reason. My purpose is to use one as my main, every day, regular, I have had forever disk. The other dedicated to MS Flight Simulator.
THhe idea is switching back and forth between the two, not using the two at the same time.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks USAFRet,
Reason. My purpose is to use one as my main, every day, regular, I have had forever disk. The other dedicated to MS Flight Simulator.
THhe idea is switching back and forth between the two, not using the two at the same time.
Right. And switching back and forth may cause one or the other to deactivate itself eventually.
The license key you got with that entitles you to one and only one license.

You could install Win 10 on the Flight Sim dive, and just leave it Unactivated. It will run just fine, with a couple of very minor restrictions.

waynerr

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks,
You sound like a Great guy. You have been willing to take the time to answer my questions. and offer advice.
I am just going to have to reluctantly accept what you have said that they would not take kindly to both on the same system. Part of me understands. Part of me does not.
I do Thank you for your time and attention,
Wayne