Windows 8.1 activated but PC showing error, not letting me upgrade to 10

smakmagik

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Weird thing happening. I have original, activated windows. As per the images I've attached, the PC tells me I need to active windows, but when I click on the 'activate windows' bit it shows me that it is in fact activated

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and it tells me the same thing but on clicking 'enter activation code' it takes me to the page saying Windows is activated

What do I do?! Here are the screenshots

LskTa.jpg

tr1cL.jpg

TVmfh.jpg

dxKAK.jpg

Solution
I would download the windows 10 media creation tool, and try to use it to update PC

Get it here

can also use that to make a win 109 installer on USB or DVD (I would as its handy to have one)

I would also save those screen shots and a link to this post in case you have problems later as your win 8 seems to be confused as to whether its real or not. Copy of licence key sticker would go a long way too. If win 10 fails to activate, you will need to contact Microsoft and sort it out with them.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would download the windows 10 media creation tool, and try to use it to update PC

Get it here

can also use that to make a win 109 installer on USB or DVD (I would as its handy to have one)

I would also save those screen shots and a link to this post in case you have problems later as your win 8 seems to be confused as to whether its real or not. Copy of licence key sticker would go a long way too. If win 10 fails to activate, you will need to contact Microsoft and sort it out with them.

Solution