Windows 8.1 applications small in 4k

danteleo

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I just purchased a 2014 razer blade laptop which has a 4k screen resolution, but the problem is some of my applications such as photoshop are extremely small/zoomed in and I have tried making the display extra large but it doesn't fix anything, and when I go to 1920/1080 everything looks blurry, how could I make these applications work in 4k?

Solution
What did you think would happen? This isn't a bug or issue, it's just what you're supposed to see.

What you need to do is enable screen scaling (in the resolution menu, select the link to " make text and other objects larger or smaller" ), usually ~200% works well. For software that needs more resolution and doesn't work well with scaling, you can disable scaling per program by right clicking on the exe.

If you still have problems, update your software to a newer version that includes proper screen scaling, like Photoshop CC, or uses WFP instead of GDI for screen rendering (GDI doesn't scale well, WFP scales perfectly for any DPI value).
What did you think would happen? This isn't a bug or issue, it's just what you're supposed to see.

What you need to do is enable screen scaling (in the resolution menu, select the link to " make text and other objects larger or smaller" ), usually ~200% works well. For software that needs more resolution and doesn't work well with scaling, you can disable scaling per program by right clicking on the exe.

If you still have problems, update your software to a newer version that includes proper screen scaling, like Photoshop CC, or uses WFP instead of GDI for screen rendering (GDI doesn't scale well, WFP scales perfectly for any DPI value).

Solution