Windows 8.1 crashing randomly.

space6011

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Windows 8.1 crashing randomly, sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after several hours.

Blue screen with audio loop then automatic reboot.

Different error each time.

After some research it looked like it was a driver issue so I did a windows refresh (reinstalling windows while keeping personal files) hoping that would help.

Research then suggested it was failing RAM. Ran memtest86 with 4x4GB sticks and got errors, then ran each of my 4 sticks of ram separately (except for one stick that is under my CPU cooler. so each test after the first was 2x4 sticks), then didn't get any errors on any of the sticks.

Research then suggested it was my graphics card dying so I put in my old fully functional card. Still getting crashes.

Currently I'm running only one stick of ram to see if that helps. If I still crash I will have to remove my CPU cooler to remove my final stick of ram, which will be a pain.

At this point if my RAM isn't the problem then I'm at a loss for what it could be.

System Specs
Windows 8.1 installed on SSD
i5-3570k Currently not overclocked
GTX-980ti (or 970 as of posting this, will switch back to 980ti seeing that it doesn't look like the graphics card)
ASRock z77 Extreme4
Corsair Vengeance ram 4x4GB (Currently 1x4GB at time of posting)
EVGA Supernova 850w G2 PSU