Windows 8.1 desktop won't enter sleep

StarWarsMan93

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
I don't know how this started happening. All day, and for the past months my 8.1 desktop enters sleep mode without a problem. I have the display turn off after 10 minutes, and the computer enter sleep after 15 minutes. I noticed hard drive was set to shut off after 20 minutes, changed that to 10, made no difference. all morning it went to sleep fine. Then this afternoon it wouldn't. The monitor went dark, but the computer stayed idle. Noticed it after 80 minutes had passed. Powercfg /requests shows nothing keeping it awake, I'm not in a home group so that's not it, although I am on a home network. Media sharing or whatever is set to allow computer to sleep. My Windows 7 desktop is going to sleep fine. I ran that powercfg /energy and it said it found 6 errors, but I couldn't open the file for some reason. My Windows 7 desktop has errors and such when I ran it on that a little while ago, yet it still entered sleep mode fine. I have a USB wifi adapter, but it never caused a problem. I unplugged it just to check and had no internet whatsoever, yet it still stayed awake. After I noticed it was idle for 80 minutes with nothing on to keep it awake I restarted it and it went to sleep when it should have, but after waking it and using it again it won't enter sleep. Again, powercfg shows no requests to the computer. What else can I do?? Before this started I did unplug both my modem and router, but I've done that numerous times so I don't see how that would affect anything now?