Windows 8.1 Does Not recognize Ethernet Cable

emilsohlberg

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Hey. Recently built computer with ASUS H97-plus motherboard, everything worked fine until today when it did not appear as connected to the internet. It's not a problem with the ethernet cable or router, and I've restarted the computer multiple times, using default bios settings, while also making sure the driver was updated, and even uninstalling "Realtek PCIeGBE Family Controller," which came back the next time I went through the BIOS menu. It still wasn't fixed.

Solution
Yeah I just check your board on the asus support page and your right, it has the realtek drivers. Man, usually drivers is what causes those kind of problems...

emilsohlberg

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014

What's listed under network adapters is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Properties. I picked up Realtek LAN Driver V7.85.423.2014 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit---(WHQL) from another computer,but when I tried to update the driver, Windows said that it was already fully updated. Am I not trying the right thing listed in devices? Or have I managed to get the wrong thing from ASUS? It was the most recent driver under the LAN section.

The D man

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Yeah I just check your board on the asus support page and your right, it has the realtek drivers. Man, usually drivers is what causes those kind of problems...

Solution