Windows 8.1 // DX11.2 Question

jellyfishPC

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I'm planning on building a PC sometime in the next few months. As some of you may know, it has just been announced that DirectX 11.2 is only being released on Windows 8.1 ; so I was wondering if I should still get Windows 7 like I was planning to, or get Windows 8 for future updates?

Solution
That all depends on you really. I personally like Windows 8 and 8.1. I have been using Windows 8 since the Release Preview and would never go back to Windows 7. For me Windows 8 is great fast boot up fast shutdown faster searching faster loading games and apps support for newer hardware and so on. Unless you hate and personally there is nothing to hate in Windows 8 that is what I would go for. Going forward it is going to be Windows 8.1 anyway.
That all depends on you really. I personally like Windows 8 and 8.1. I have been using Windows 8 since the Release Preview and would never go back to Windows 7. For me Windows 8 is great fast boot up fast shutdown faster searching faster loading games and apps support for newer hardware and so on. Unless you hate and personally there is nothing to hate in Windows 8 that is what I would go for. Going forward it is going to be Windows 8.1 anyway.

Solution

lazykoala

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Windows 8 definitely has a lot of benefits and is obviously the future so I would do it since it is the same price as win7 anyway. Most traditional desktop user won't love the new start menu, but it's more of a nuisance than a problem. I understand why they did it, but unless you are using a touch based monitor or a tablet it really does seems kind of pointless for a traditional desktop.