Windows 8.1 installation error help 0x8007025D

Thezcar

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
hello,
I want to install Windows 8.1 clean install from a USB stick but keep getting the error 0x8007025D what should I do? (And my usb working properly becuse it worked before on other computers).

Solution
is your bios set up as AHCI?

This is a file mismatch or corrupt error and can be caused by different issues;

a. In the case above the file was getting lost in a faulty ram stick.

b. Having the wrong keyboard type i.e windows thinks you have US keyboard but yours has Greek, Japanese etc characters.

c. You download an update like 8.1 but the licence doesn’t match what windows thinks you should have;

https://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-cannot-install-required-files-windows-8-windows-7.180506/

try making free version of memtest86 on a USB and check ram sticks, 1 at a time. It boots off USB so don't need windows. Any errors means ram is problem and needs to be replaced,

Thezcar

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

yes i have tried that :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
how big is the hdd you installing to? One fix is to format the drive using clean and then format it to GPT before running installer

Press Shift F10 on the installation screen, this will open cmd
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of hdd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to install to, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean
Finally type in convert gpt.
then exit and restart PC and try install

Thezcar

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

it also dident work

Colif

Win 11 Master
is your bios set up as AHCI?

This is a file mismatch or corrupt error and can be caused by different issues;

a. In the case above the file was getting lost in a faulty ram stick.

b. Having the wrong keyboard type i.e windows thinks you have US keyboard but yours has Greek, Japanese etc characters.

c. You download an update like 8.1 but the licence doesn’t match what windows thinks you should have;

https://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-cannot-install-required-files-windows-8-windows-7.180506/

try making free version of memtest86 on a USB and check ram sticks, 1 at a time. It boots off USB so don't need windows. Any errors means ram is problem and needs to be replaced,

Solution

Thezcar

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

i fixed it switced ram stick :) thank you