[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 installation error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2020
Hello guys i want to upgrade my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I installed it from Windows and chose "keep my files and settings", anyway Windows did install but at the end of installation, in the section that says "We are setting things up for you" there appears the following error:

"Windows could not complete the installation, to install Windows on this computer, restart the installation"

I press <enter> and it brings my previous Windows back .

Any help? Thanks guys

Solution
He didn't said nothing about computer use in home. It may be purchased by company as well. Not all businesses purchase computers in bulk.
If this were a business use then there would be an administrator that would be taking care of this, with proper licensing and all. There would be no need to be asking the general public for assistance as the license comes with support from Microsoft themselves, hence the leading question. As the OP hasn't been back since 2 days after Christmas we're unlikely to ever get an answer.
Jul 24, 2020
You don't have to install it, just go to System> "get more features with a new edition"> enter in the Enterprise key.
Bru i want refresh my windows just this in settings and recovery when i go in refresh i get something wrong and some files corrupted it will be refreshed but at start up i get
There was a problem refreshing your pc
No changes were made.

Last edited:
2 things here.

1. What you propose requires a clean (as in format the drive) installation. It cannot be done as an upgrade.
  2. Where did you get the license for the Enterprise version? Microsoft does not license Enterprise for home use. In addition, there is a monthy license fee per licensed user.

What you propose requires a clean (as in format the drive) installation. It cannot be done as an upgrade.

Agree.

Where did you get the license for the Enterprise version? Microsoft does not license Enterprise for home use. In addition, there is a monthy license fee per licensed user.

He didn't said nothing about computer use in home. It may be purchased by company as well. Not all businesses purchase computers in bulk.

If this were a business use then there would be an administrator that would be taking care of this, with proper licensing and all. There would be no need to be asking the general public for assistance as the license comes with support from Microsoft themselves, hence the leading question. As the OP hasn't been back since 2 days after Christmas we're unlikely to ever get an answer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.