Windows 8.1 installing browse drive box not showing

jackomack95

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
My pc does not show this box when I'm installing or downloading games from the internet why? http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pc+browser+box&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVheijkdbRAhUjOsAKHSN1Bj8Q_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=512&dpr=4#tbm=isch&q=wizard+drive+box&imgrc=ab4rqDAjQnUxQM%3A now I have other drives but it is not giving me a browse option of where I'd like to put them it's just putting them straight to my program files 86 now I'm running out of room on that drive so this is becoming a problem for anything I want to download I'm using Windows 8.1

Solution
you will have to set an option in your web browser to always ask. web browsers like chrome and internet explorer are set to automatically save to your downloads folder by default

USAFRet

Titan

For downloading something, you have to edit your browser settings.
Most browsers will default to your Download folder. You can change that to ask every time, or select some other default location.

For installing something, don't just accept the default, OK, OK, OK.
Select Custom or Advanced. That should give the option of where to install it.

jackomack95

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
I have already done this on chrome and Internet Explorer and Firefox to ask it does not appear right on when installing then when I click my other drive it uses it as a short cut then when I hit install it still goes straight my program files x86 itdoes not go to that drive even when i have selected it to go to there it overrides it which tells me that it is a software problem with windows 8 plus when the box appears it is not the same it is a folder box then a browse box

USAFRet

Titan

There is a difference between downloading something, and installing something.

Installing usually gives you the option. If you simply accept the default of whatever it is, it will go to Program Files or Program Files (x86).
If you select Custom or Advanced, it will give you the option as to where to install.

Some few applications do not give you that option, and just install where the developer chooses them to go.

jackomack95

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
Okay yeah that's what it is doing but it won't give me the option to chosee where I want it to go so is there a way I can change this cus where my programm files x86 are i's running out of memory on that drive so when I want to install stuff I have no room there so I want to choose it ton go to another drive but it won't give me that choice so is there a way I can change this or fix it everything i's just going there without even asking me if I'd like to browse to another folder.

USAFRet

Titan

Well...what application or game is this?

jackomack95

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jackomack95 : "Folder browse option not showing"

And also I have tried other stuff but something keeps overriding it now on my friends pc who's running the same windows 8 as mine his is always asking him select where to put the folder giving him the browse option mines not even showing up just puts it in there without even asking me would I like to browse to put the folder I have tired changing chrome setting and Firefox but like I have said it's been in overwritten by something and I'd like to change it thank you