Question windows 8.1 non stop updating .....

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I bought a laptop with windows 8.1
The machine is looking for updates and on and on.......
The processor is working on 30% al the time. I try fix it, i couldnt. I went from services and close the windows update down. Only then the processor went buck to normal.]
Do i need format my pc ? Any way to fix it ?
Thanks.

acecreator26

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
I bought a laptop with windows 8.1
The machine is looking for updates and on and on.......
The processor is working on 30% al the time. I try fix it, i couldnt. I went from services and close the windows update down. Only then the processor went buck to normal.]
Do i need format my pc ? Any way to fix it ?
Thanks.
Honestly, if I were you, I would just upgrade to Windows 10 and get a cheap key off a website like this one. Not sure why your Windows 8 is always updating, but I know that Windows 10 doesn't have constant updating. I'd just bite the bullet and spend a few bucks rather than deal with updates every 5 minutes.

Mar 10, 2019
I had the same issue with Windows 8.1 failing to update and was able to solve it using this tool from htttp:/www.wureset.com and then applying these two updates manually from Microsoft (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...1/96604cc5-4e8b-4613-beae-1997a24acfc6?auth=1).

Once these were applied (you may have to make a couple of attempts to get them to run), Windows update found 170+ updates. Was upgrading notebook from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1.

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
there's an update, official from microsoft site, ... i don't remember exactly...need to google... or you do... it's kinda a specific update for windows update service.. after installing it it should start updating pretty normal.. hold on a sec..

here...
it should work
I had the same issue and that fixed it... but...maybe the update links were different...I don't remember... also you should restart and maybe go offline before installing the files... I spent some time trying to install it... in short it should work and be fine

Last edited: