Windows 8.1 Pro price

anastbogia1

Reputable
Jan 21, 2018
I have a copy of windows 8.1 professional (OEM 64bit disc) and i want to get windows 10. How much could i sell the 8.1 for? (The disc with 8.1 is brand new sealed.)

Depends if you can get anyone to trust that claim. Win8 would probably go for about $25ish, if you're lucky, seeing as new copies of 10 can go for as low as $40 online, depending on how willing one is to press their luck.

Why not just try the free upgrade hack? IIRC Ms still lets you activate with a Win8 key. Hell, I did it just at the start of the year with a pentium build I did.

anastbogia1

Reputable
Jan 21, 2018

What is IIRC and what hack are you talking about?

Wolfshadw

Titan

Because if s/he installs it and the free upgrade doesn't work, s/he can no longer sell it.

@anastbogia1 - Personally, I'd consider it a lost cause as people can install and run Windows 10 (unactivated) for free, but there might be a buyer out there. EBay seems to list some sales, but I have no idea how recent they are.

-Wolf sends

Edit: IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

i wouldn't think much. windows 8 was a version of windows that didn't go over well with users and its tricky to get it to work with any modern hardware because intel and AMD have no official support for any version of windows lower then 10 anymore.

but their are the tinfoil hat people out there that will look to stay with windows 7 or 8 because they think windows 10 is spying on them all the time

I missed that it was OEM.